Call for submissions
It's been a busy couple of months for Nothing To See Here with mentions in the Guardian Guide and Yahoo's Office Attachments in the UK and Australia. Welcome to all new visitors. This publicity has brought us a few new contributors and some interesting suggestions for places to go but we still need more. Here are some of the things we're looking for:
- little towns that have fallen off the tourist map but still have charm, like Moffat
- faded seaside resorts that still have a decaying beauty, such as Saltburn-by-the-Sea, Rothesay
- unusual buildings or follies - Hermit's Castle in Achmelvich
- places that aren't renowned as beauty spots, quite the opposite in fact, which are actually nice or interesting - Rye Lane, Peckham
- old-style tourist attractions that have become eclipsed by theme parks – Blackpool Model Village
- folk art – The Knitted Village, Tetford Scarecrow Fesival; public art - Glenkiln Scupture Park.
- places that are the last/biggest/smallest/best of their kind - Salford Lads Club
- the plain strange - Electric Brae, Haroldswick Bus Shelter
If you don't fancy writing an article yourself you can always nominate a place and one of our scouts could go there. Although there are a lot of UK recommendations at the moment we're interested in the whole wide world so if you're out and about do keep Nothing To See Here in mind.