Wanted! Articles on the following
The first call for submissions hasn't come up with much so it's time to cut to the chase and start naming names.The following places would be ideal. Some I've been to but for various reasons (too long ago/no decent pictures/passed by but didn't stop) don't have enough to write a piece on them.
- An old plane that's been made into a tearoom, somewhere on the South Island, New Zealand
- Napier, New Zealand
- Moeraki Boulders, NZ - I've got photos but it was a long time ago... memory hazy.
- Vigeland Park, Oslo - camera broke after juice spillage. Lovely place.
- Collodi Park, Near Lucca, Italy - I was here as a kid and loved it. Saw it recently on TV. It doesn't seem to have changed much.
- Palais Ideal, Hauterives, France
- The Rock Garden, Chandigarh, India, and any other backyard paradises
- Canberra, Australia
- Moomin World, Naantali, Finland
- Raymond Peynet Museum, Antibes
- Imber, Salisbury Plain
- Mother Shipton's Cave, Knaresborough, Yorkshire
- The sort of "unsung landmark" that the BBC are currently after - power stations, cement works, gasometers, brutalist carbuncles.
- The sort of thing that was on Disappearing London, but from any city e.g. grand old cinemas, cafes, lidos etc.
That's a good start for now. Places from outside the UK are particularly welcome. Anyone willing to write something up? See the guidelines for articles for notes on the format or get in touch (email@example.com) if you'd like to discuss anything.