Nothing To See in 2008
2008 has been a great year for Nothing To See Here with more places and more visitors. The most popular destinations were:
- Postman's Park, London - by a long, long way. Over 50,000 visited virtually, and a few took the chance to visit the real thing.
- The Lorelei, London
- The Tunnock's Factory, Uddingston
- The Bakelite Museum, Williton
- Forbidden Corner, Coverham
- The Excalibur Estate, London
- Rumbling Bridge, Perthshire
- Trinity Car Park, Gateshead
- T34 Tank, London
- The Radar Museum, RAF Neatishead
In 2008 we spread our wings and visited Iceland, as well as welcoming new travellers Andrew, David P, Doctor Boogie, FP, Lucy and Maraid. We lost some friends - The Arena Funfair, Morecambe was demolished a few weeks ago in the name of regeneration, and others got a brighter future. In September it looked like The Excalibur Estate would get a Grade II listing which would help to protect its future.
The challenge for 2009 is to keep going in the same way. I'm sure we'll manage it. If you'd like to write something or suggest somewhere please get in touch. You can also check out the Nothing To See Here Flckr pool and get the latest articles on RSS and Twitter.
Nothing To See Here will be getting a bit of a makeover in 2009 so if you have any suggestions for how it could be better please get in touch. Until then, thanks for reading and happy trails.